- 500g of wild Atlantic pink prawns
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 tsp of onion powder
- 1 tsp of paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 bag of Tortilla chips
- 1 cup of shredded mature cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup of diced red onion
- 1/4 cup of chopped fresh coriander
- 1 jalapeno, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 190°C
- In a large bowl, mix together the shrimp, olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Heat a large pan over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and cook for 2-3 minutes per side, or until pink and cooked through.
- Arrange tortilla chips in a single layer on a large baking sheet.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese over the chips, then add the cooked shrimp on top.
- Add diced red onion, chopped cilantro, and jalapeno slices on top of the shrimp.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
Chef Tips: Don't overcook the Prawns: Overcooked prawns can become tough and rubbery. Cook the prawns just until they turn pink and are cooked through. The quality of the tortilla chips you use will make a big difference in the overall flavor and texture of your nachos. Layer the ingredients: Layering the ingredients will help ensure that every chip is loaded with flavor. Start with a layer of chips, followed by cheese, then shrimp, onion, coriander, and jalapeno. Customize the toppings: Don't be afraid to customize the toppings to your liking. You can add diced tomatoes, sliced avocado, or a dollop of sour cream to your shrimp nachos. Serve immediately: Nachos are best when served immediately after baking. If you let them sit for too long, the chips can become soggy.